ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Monday, September 27, 2010

i like to sing along..

.... i sing to songs.

... and i sing out loud.

....and i sing in front of others.

welp, sometimes i sing to songs and i think i know what its saying, but i dont.

Dont act like you've never done this.

My favorite mistake in a song i've made is to that song "live like you were dying" by Tim McGraw.

I always thought it went like such:

"I went skyyydivin, I went Rocky mountain climbin, I went 2.7 seconds on a four wheel drive tailgate."

Skydivin= big deal. Rocky mountain climbin= big deal for some. Four wheel drive tailgate= ?? Did I know why that was such a big deal? No. Maybe because it was a bumpy road and he was in the back of a truck- i don't know. But i didn't question it.

....until i sang it in front of my sisters, and they laughed as they pointed out that those aren't even the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOcW_YR1G8 watch the video. the chorus starts at 1:03

APPARENTLY its 2.7 second on a bull named blue man shoe, or something like that. It makes more sense, makes the song a lot better... but between you and me, I still sing it my way. I secretly like it better because I have been skydiving, rock mountain climbing, and 2.7 seconds on a four wheel drive tailgate too. So yes, i relate to that much, much better anyways.


either way- someday i actually do hope you all get the chance to live like you were dying. don't be embarrassed or sweat the small stuff. sing songs outloud, even if you dont know the words. the classic "fade and slur the words to the parts you dont really know but try to make it seem like you know what your saying (ie: that chumbawumba song.... i get knocked down, but i get up again... do wah de da de dah dowahdo.... i get knowcked down, but i get up again... fle flop flu fla de dah de dah do....)" cop out works almost everytime.

again, dont act like you never do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment