ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Friday, July 9, 2010

let me hit you with some knowledge.

So below i am goin to pose two questions. These are demonstrations of thing that make me laugh but really wonder.

The first is courtesy of my uncle Ken. The raddest guy around.... actually to be honest everyone in my family is officially the raddest. I can't think of one single uncool person in my family, including cousins, 2nd 3rd, 4th cousins... besides sharisse maybe.... j jokin! Shes probs the coolest of us all.

k question numbero uno- thanks ken!

1- how come when we say pants it is always referred to in the plural. And how come whenever we say shirt it is always in the singular. For example- you always say "i need a new PAIR of pantS" but everyone knows your only buyin one. and if you ever need more then one you say " a FEW new PAIRS of pantS" generally, however, in this instance, a few normally means two, and everyone knows it. However, you always say "I love my shirt" And when you say "I need a new pair of shirtS" its always at least 2.

Why? Pants are only one article of clothing, same as a shirt, yet however its always plural. tell me why!

The next one. Courtesy of Cam. Cam is the SECOND most hilarious guy i know,(obviously the first being my bff kalani) there's never a dull moment around him... he's also a very inquisitive thinker. Here is his question.

Ima preface this one with a definition for ya-

awe. A, noun. 1, awe. an overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration

So, how come when something has "SOME" or a little bit of awe, we call it AWESOME, and it is a really good thing. (awesome is Cams favorite descriptive word of anything he thinks is good, like himself... haha)

When something is FULL of awe, it is a very bad thing. hence, AWFUL. full of awe. how is full of admiration a bad thing? .... humm.....

so, what are some answers? I need some. Or some more interesting questions.HOLLAH AT ME!

1 comment:

  1. uhhhh Shay - it's not awEfulL.....just awful ....... so it's not related really to the word awe...just kinda sounds a little the same. Sorry to bust the profound bubble.

    ReplyDelete