ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

pick up lines are harder than i thought.

So, I recently changed my work out schedule to night after work due to other obligations in the mornings. Well, i figured I would try it out this week at least and see how it goes.

It only took one day of going at night to convince me that this was a better option. and there was one major reason...

Hot Boy working the front desk

So, i walk in on Monday night and here's how it goes...

Matt (the hott boy)- "hey, whats your name?"
me: "Shayla"
Matt:" oh, how long have you worked out here?"
me: "a while..."
Matt: "how long is a while?"
me: "ummm, since like may-ish, but i usually come at 6am."
Matt: "oh, nevermind, you looked familiar. I think you look like a girl that used to work out here when I worked here before my mission."
me: ...(my thoughts are- oh, is he hitting on me kinda? no! he's too hott for that... he wouldnt hit on me..) "oh- were did you serve?"
Matt: "Fort L... (something- I stopped listening kinda), Texas"
me: "oh... cool. well, have fun working out, I mean... uhh... working.... here.... uhhh... Matt, is it? oh...k bye"

Great, I totally messed that one up, I thought as I started on the eliptical machine. but While I was working out I thought of a really good come back pick up line i should have said... dang it. (i'll tell you what it is in a minute)

Well, as I was finishing up my work out Matt was at the top of the stairs. As a passed him, he flashed me his charming smile, did "the nod"and said, "see ya..." He either said "later" or "Shayla", i prefer to believe Shayla, but either is valid. I said- "later!" and ran down the stairs.

I went back tonight. I walk in, and was very excited to see that Matt was there. "what should i say?" i thought to myself...

matt: "hey, hows it goin?"
me: "good- it was Matt, right?" (as if i kinda didnt remember....please...)
matt: "yeah! good memory"
me: "yeah, well i try!" (that was dumb, but i was on the spot. And just when I thought I couldn't get any dumber, I go and do something like this... and TOTALLY redeem myself.... well... you be the judge.)
me: "So, yesterday when i started working out I thought of a good come back i should have said to you. When you said A girl looked like me that came here before your mission, I should have said "Lucky her! not everyone is so fortunate to look like me"
matt: "yeah, thats good, but it's a little too late for that... the moment is passed (passed? past? i dunno, whatevs)"
me: "oh, your right... uhh... haha... yeah... its too, yeah its too late.... for that one... worth a shot though...haha...ehh... k bye." and than i ran up the stairs, gave him no chance to respond because I was turning red...how embarassing.

Great, if I didn't blow it the first time, I definately did that time.... awesome... oh well.

I'll see him tomorrow, and see what kind of fool I can make out of myself then. Although- happy ending is, he still said "see ya shayla!" with his charming smile, actually, this time it was more of a little chuckle, when I left... so maybe i haven't yet lost this fight...

But, now I realize it's not so easy being a guy having to hit on a girl. I have more respect now for when guys try to use pick up lines on me.... not that easy... not that easy....

1 comment: