ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Friday, May 25, 2012

H.G.= Homie G! The Holy Ghost

Imagine the type of friend that can always be there. Our constant companion. Imagine taking a test and he is right there with the best and right answers, whispering them in your ear.

Yep, that would be our friend, the Holy Ghost. As long as we treat Him right, CTR, all that jazz, he will be there telling us the right answers to the most important test we will ever take. The test of LIFE. HELLO?!! Thats kind of a big deal. If we fail here, eternity is gonna be forever. And not in a good way.

So lets listen to this guy, who has direct communication with the almighty perfect Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They let the Holy Ghost tell us the answers.

"Hey, the answer is C. for Choost the Right." he says.      "Hey, the answer is D. for Define THAT relationship, buddy!" (..yeah, I'm still waiting for him to tell me that answer....)

All we have to do is listen, carefully. Be worthy to have him around, then listen. Thats a great friend right there.

So obviously, after my last few posts, we can see we have some pretty amazing friends. Like I keep tellin y'all, the best. no lie. so how can we be better? Here's another story that changed my life.

I lost my wallet back in November. How inconvenient and stupid. Gay. Worst thing ever, because I had NO Photo ID and no access to my moneys. Lame. So I flew home (without photo ID, but they still let me fly. awesome) to get a new ID. I was home for sacrament meeting on Sunday before I had to come back to Utah. And I am here to tell you,  I NEEDED to be in Iowa at this time to hear this testimony because it changed me. A man got up to share his testimony. This man I've known my whole life, a tough guy. Loves his Harley. He bore his testimony, and shared a story. He has battled cancer, and a whole bunch of other things, trials, had occurred that I have no clue even what they are. And so he said to keep from getting discouraged, everyday as he drive to work, he prays. He prays the prayers of gratitude. So by the time he gets to work it doesn't seem to bad. One day, however, he was praying, and he said he had to stop. Pull over the car. And stop on the side of the road. His eyes welled with tears and he paused... and he said out loud, in his car. "Today, Heavenly Father, I hope you have a good day,"

BAM! That right there, changed my life. How many times have I prayed, and not once thought, "Gee, I hope YOU have a good day today." I'm always asking for things that will make my life good. Thanking him, bragging to him, about all that I do have to make MY life Amazing.

My prayers have drastically changed after that day, I try to always remember to Tell Him I hope he has a good day. I ask what I can do to help. And then I try to be a helper that day, which is not that easy. The next week after hearing that I was getting ready for the day, looking in the mirror thinking about How can I help? What can I do? and I said to myself

"Self. I'm starting with the (wo)man in mirror, I'm asking (her) to change (her) ways. No message coulda been any clearer. If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change."

Now I could be wrong, but I mighta just stolen that scene from a song. But seriously. It happened. That song came into my head, and It was beautiful. Thank You Michael Jackson, Thank YOU!

So, lets start with ourselves. Lets act on those kind thoughts we have to help others. Never suppress a generous thought. If I have something nice come into my head about someone, I try to share it and let them know how special I think they are. It doesn't hurt. I challenge you all to do the same. Brighten someones day. Everyone likes to know someone is thinking about them. If you care, share. By choosing to serve, you WILL recieve happiness, love, joy, blessings, and peace TODAY. TODAY is part of eternity, lets make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment