ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Where are you from? Heaven! Yes, We are. My 3 BFFs are there

Whenever someone asks me where I am from. The Very first thing that comes to my head is Heaven. Directly followed by the quote from a CLASSIC movie.

"Is this Heaven?"
"No, Its Iowa."
"Huh, I coulda sworn it was heaven."

Yes, I am pretty sure Iowa is about as close to heaven as you can get, but I may be a little biased :-) But I want you to stop, now think about it.

We are all ultimately from Heaven. Do you realize that? I hope you do. Guess what else? My 3 BFF's live there. 1- Heavenly Father. 2- Jesus Christ. 3- The Holy Ghost.

I want you to think about this. They TRUELY are my BEST friends. Let me start with this post and dedicate the next few posts to explaining why. Let me tell you a little bit about Our Heavenly Father. About God. Lately, I've been unable to get how GREAT THOU ART, How GREAT our HEAVENLY Father, God, how amazing He is, out of my mind.

I want to share something with you. When I heard these facts it changed my life. I didn't know how to talk to God for WEEKS after learning this. (and for those of you who know me, you know that's a pretty big deal, I PRAY about everything, all the time. Whenever I don't know an answer to a question right away, I tell you to hold on because I have to pray about it. Sometimes this is a joke, but about most of the time, I'm actually serious, I love my relationship with Heavenly Father and Christ). BUT I learned some facts about the universe, and how BIG He is, and I was immediately, beyond humbled. Allow me to share...

I want you to think about the state you are living in. For me, it is Utah. I can honestly say I haven't even been everywhere in Provo/Orem, then I scale out and think about the entire state of Utah, definately havent seen everything there is to see here, it is a BIG PLACE.  Lets scale out a little farther, the entire US....Wait, the entire Planet Earth. MASSIVE!!! As the Lion kind song goes "There's FAR too much to take in here. More to find, then can ever be found. More to see then can ever be seen. More to do then can ever be done." And it's true. How blessed we are that God created such a great, massive, beautiful place for us to try and explore all of its wonders, to live and discover ourselves. AMAZING!!! Thank you God!

But, this isn't what changed my life. What I'm about to tell you, did. (As heard from Louis Giglio) I'm gonna share with you about a little star found in our galaxy. NOT the planet Earth, which is one measly little pebble compared to all the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of STARS in OUR GALAXY. This,, however, as far as I know to date, is the biggest star we've discovered in our Galaxy, it is called the Canis Majoris (which i'm pretty sure means the Big Dog Star, and it is).

THE CANIS MAJORIS.
        This Star is SO BIG. You can fit SEVEN QUADRILLION Earths inside this star. Do you know how much that is? Can you even comprehend a Quadrillion?! I cant even wrap my head around a million. Let me put this into perspective for you. 1 million seconds ago = 12 days ago. 1 billion seconds ago = (I know, your thinkin, okay that takes us back to December, right? No.) = 1970's. Yes. 1 trillions seconds ago= 29,700 BC!!! 1 Quadrillions SECONDS ago= 30 million 800 thousand YEARS ago is 1 quadrillion SECONDS ago. THATS a BIG NUMBER. and you can fit SEVEN QUADrILLION EARTHS in this single STAR in OUR GALAXY.
         If EARTH were the size of a golfball, a GOLFBALL. Go ahead and find a golfball, imagine that is the planet Earth, now find YOU on that golfball. And don't lose yourself. If Earth were a golfball, Canis Majoris would be the size of Mt Everest!!!!!!! That is SIX MILES ABOVE SEA LEVEL. Put the golfball at the bottom, climb 6 miles to the top, find your golfball and find you on it.
      If Earth were a golfball, you could fill the ENTIRE state of TEXAS with golfballs. 22 INCHES DEEP. Find the one you're on. And then find you on it.

I immediately felt so small. So insignificant. I didn't realize how BIG God, the CREATOR of this MASSIVE STAR, just how big he was. THEN I LEARNED SOMETHING ELSE. And This is when I didn't even know how to talk to God I felt SO SMALL. The Hubble Telescope Found the darkest spot in our galaxy. a Little TINY DOT just above the big dipper. It zoomed in on it to see what was in there. it dicovered there were BILLIONS of GALAXIES back there, in the darkest spot in our galaxy are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF MORE GALAXIES. Then it zoomed in on the darkest spot there. and found MORE GALAXIES. And we are told in the scriptures that God has created Worlds EXACTLY like ours, so many they are WITHOUT NUMBER. SO many we cant even count how many there are. With people like you and me.

This stumped me. Because my WHOLE life here on Earth, I had been sitting here COUNSELING God. Telling Him how things should go. Drawing out my own game plan and telling Him how this was better and bigger then anything He could do. At least 20 times a day, I would brag about how I knew what was going on and I figured out the best. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Learning all this and how powerful, HUGE, omnipotent HE IS! I felt so small, I wanted to die, but I wasnt sure if He would notice, so I figured that was a little dramatic so I turned to the scriptures instead.

This book He gave us with His words to US So that we can KNOW HIM and KNOW that we do matter to Him. That He loves US TO MUCH BECAUSE WE ARE HIS CHILDREN. We are HIS. HIS own creation with his own two hands. I want to share with you what I Read shortly after learning HOW GREAT HE IS.

Moses 1:39 For Behold, this is MY WORK and MY GLORY to bring to pass the immortality and eternal  life of MAN.
     YOU GUYS!!! IT's US!!! YOU and ME. YOU. YOU are His Work, and His Glory. The man who can speak and it will be done, the creator of these massive stars and beautiful Earths and countless worlds and children. Tells you RIGHT HERE!!! YOU Are why. YOU are HIS WORK and GLORY!

Does that NOT GIVE you the CHILLS. He KNOWS and is VERY VERY aware of you. If you just stop and look you will SEE. You CANNOT DENY He is there constantly EVERY DAY very intimately in your life. He knows you PERSONALLY and Is always there. I know youre thinking, or at least I thought as i remembered just how big he is, "yeah, that all sounds good, but there SO many more MEN just like me out there. How can he notice and care about me." And I kept reading. And He told me a few short chapters later,

Moses 6:34 Behold, MY SPIRIT IS UPON YOU.... thou shalt abide in me and I in you: Therefore walk with me
        RIGHT THERE. He tells us He WILL be WITH YOU!!! And He cannot lie, you guys. If He says it, it must be true. And he has told us COUNTLESS of ways COUNTLESS times. Scriptures,  Prophets, our daily lives.

We are His CHILD. Think of it this way. You have a child. Or in my case, your friends have children. They call or POST ON FACEBOOK all of the time about how much they love their child, the cutest thing they just did, (made a a poopoo and it was so cute...peed their pants and it was so cute...) But the one that parents seem to be MOST elated about ALL THE time is their child's FIRST STEPS. Parents spend months teaching their child how to walk, first by walking themselves to show them how its done. Then by holding their childs hands as they stand, moving their feet for them to allow them to get the feel of how to do it. They promise they wont let go, but eventually they do, very sneakily, as they grab the camcorder and watch their child take their first steps on their own "OH my goodness!! EVERYONE LOOK MY CHILD IS WALKING" preceeded by a video of the Child taking about 3 steps before they topple over. They are BEAMING with PRIDE!!! "MY CHILD JUST WALKED" I'm sure their child is sitting there, crying, and if they could talk they would probably say "Are you kidding me Mom and Dad? excuse me, WHY are you so happy? I hardly walked. I took  THREE Steps and then I fell, and IT HURT. I don't know if I can get back up, I don't know if I can do that again. I didn't walk I FELL Down." But you rush to their side, pick them up, and encourage them they CAN do it IF they try again.

How often do we do ths with Heavenly Father when we try new things? He sent us His own Son, Jesus Christ, to show us how to walk. Then we come here and for the first 8 years, the first little while, He holds our hand as we get a feel for it. Then eventually, very sneakily, before we feel ready, He lets us go and we try to walk on our own. and WE TAKE 3 STEPS! and he calls everyone around, "Hey, Nephi, Captain Moroni, Moses, Noah, Grandpa Bill, Grandma Eleanor!!!! Guys, Come look!!! Shayla just WALKED!" And how often do I go to him, crying saying, "are you jokin? I hardly walked, i took 3 steps and I fell, and it hurt, and I dont want to do that again. I failed. I don't think I can do it." and He helps us up, comforts us, and tells us to do it again. and before we know it, we have become expert walkers. AMAZING.

How GREAT Thou Art. And How much he loves us. I hope you all realize that. He loves us SO MUCH. He is my BEST FRIEND. He loves me SO MUCH He gave me my next best friend, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, and My family, and my great friends. All of which I will talk about in the coming days.

He misses us, He wants us to come home SO BADLY. Thats why He sent us His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, our example of how to talk on our own, and the way in which we can return Home to Him.

TODAY- Tell Heavenly Father you love him. When you Pray, Pause and tell him "Today, Heavenly Father, I hope you have a good day!"  and mean it. and do all you can to help Him have a good day today. Make Him your BFF too.

No comments:

Post a Comment