ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dang it..

So after that more serious post below, I will provide you with a new Shayla-ism that will make ya laugh so you dont leave feelin depressed.

So, a couple days ago, Tuesday to be exact, I go into work.

My Manager: "Shayla, don't you have today off?"
me: "oh boss, of course I don't have today off, or else I wouldn't be here. I'm not an idiot who comes to work on her days off. Geeze."
My Manager: "Humm, okay. well when do you have off."
me: "Saturday..."

He smiles, rolls his eyes, and goes about his business, all the while i'm thinin, oh boss, you are so silly. Don't try to tick me to thinkin I have the day off. I'm not going to fall for it.

You see, my manager is a funny guy, and he jokes around a lot. so i thought he was joking.

I go home, look at the schedule.

...I had that day off. Crap.

Lucky for me, I had been on a date with my managers best friend, so I got the inside scoop on his favorite candy. Twix and Snickers.

Perfect. I bought him a twix and snickers. I wrote a post it that said "Mike- Sorry that I "twix" ya about my schedule, hope it made you "snicker"

I threw them at him, okay maybe i didnt throw them, but I handed it too him and said "Please dont fire me! I know for a fact these are your favorite candies" He laughed and told all the other managers about my stupid mistake and how i gave him a hard time, they all laughed. and i left. embarrassed.

But at least I wasn't fired. I think the candy did it. And they gave me Friday off. So maybe i'm not so dumb...

1 comment: