ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Did that really happen?

So, I was on a date tonight. This is already a good story, because it just happened today, and it happened on a date.

We were eatin some dinner (Zupas= DELISH!) and watchin some TV, the NEWS came on (yep- the news again :) hahaha, its like my worst enemy... i shouldnt watch it anymore)

A story came on about an accident a cowgirl had at a rodeo. Thats all it said with "more about this story to come later." I had heard about it (so i thought...) So I told my date what happened.

me: "Oh, I totally heard about that. This cowgirl had an accident, both of her arms are broken and she's still competing in the rodeo this weekend. Its amazing!"
Daniel: "Wow! really? both arms?"
me: "Yeah, Well, I think so cause I heard about it on the radio." ---my thoughts: Wait a minute, I dont listen to the radio, I literally haven't listened to the radio in years. hummm --- "Well, actually... I don't know if i really heard that or if it was just a dream..."

--But, you guys, i SWEAR to you I heard that on the radio, which is impossible because i havent listened to any radio anywhere in forever....but it's SO real to me cause I remember... thats the only thing i heard. and I thought... "thats weird, theres a rodeo this weekend? cool, i'm going to one next weekend" ....i swear i heard it. so i googled it. turns out it may not actually be a real story...

but, when i sat back and thought of this- it is the most ludacris thing ever. How the WORLD would chick ride a horse with NO ARMS? now thats just ding dang dong STUPID! theres no way. Also, girls dont even compete in any rodeos i've seen. and she couldnt with NO ARMS- chello!!! you have to hold onto the reigns with you dear life.

...and I made this obsurd claim. outloud. on my date. why? WHY? why do i say things i don't know a true.... hahahaha

BUT- thats just me! never actually thinking before I speak and it turns out to be not as smart as it sounded in my own head. Welcome to it!


Do you know what i'm talkin about though. When you have a dream and you can't remember if it really happened or not? Like, you SWEAR it happened, but in real life, it didn't?

2 comments:

  1. Shayla! It's a TRUE story! You're not crazy! :)

    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700038275/Determination-breeds-success-for-high-school-rodeo-athletes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH-HAA!!! Jill- you ROCK! hahaha, i KNEW i heard it! yesss

    ReplyDelete