ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lamans Terms

If February, in my phlebotomy class, we were reading in the training manual about the phlebotomy procedure and came upon the sentence...

"To put it in layman's terms..."

"OHHHHH, f'real?!" I thought to myself (and thank gosh it was just to myself because as you may know I have a tendancy to say these things out loud)

My ENITRE life, I have thought the the phrase was Lamans terms....why?

Well this made sense to me, because in the Book of Mormon, Laman and Lemuel are idiots and don't really get things the first time, and typically things had to be reexplained to them in a different way. It always bothered me that no one ever said Lemuel's terms, so I convinced myself Laman must have been more stupid, so I have always disliked him more.

It also always astounded me when my nonLDS school teachers would use this phrase.

"Wow- that phrase must have caught on, and now it's pretty popular. How cool! The church IS true!" I'm 98% positive I even wrote "Lamen's terms" in papers in high school.

Turns out for 22 years of my life I was wrong again....

No comments:

Post a Comment