ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Monday, May 31, 2010

Bray has all the brains.

My favorite past time is to go hang with the nieces and nephews. The cutest and coolest kids ever. My 10 year old nephew, however, is actually smarter than me sometimes.

We were driving to Salt Lake watching the movie Madagascar. HILARIOUS

There's this scene I had never noticed before where one of them, I think Gloria the Hippo, yells... "Oh Sugar Honey Iced Tea..."

This made me laugh, I cracked up and repeated it because I thought this was such a random phrase. I had heard it before in other movies, even in a song that i listen to almost every morning at the gym.. "..shawty is the sh-sh-sugah honey iced tea..."

Me: "HAHAHA, Sugar honey iced tea. Hahahaha... thats random."
Bray (from the back seat in the car): "Umm, Shay, you do know thats an acronym right..?"
Me: ?? "Acronym for..."
Bray: "...Take all the first letters shay..."
Me: "Sugar Honey I.... (my eyes get really wide) ooohhhhhh, thats bad!" hahaha- i laughed the rest of the way up to Salt Lake, because This is my new favorite phrase, its so funny. Bray and Tasha laughed the rest of the way too, at me.

Thank you, 10 year old nephew, for noticing that acronym long before I did and than pointing it out to me.

How did he even know that before I did? I asked him, and he said, because its obvious...

Dang you, smart guy.

2 comments:

  1. ha! i had no idea either... funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooh. so that's what that means. great. we are so out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete