ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Texas down!


It was a Wednesday night. My little sister, Sharisse had worn my shirt that day, YET again.

For those of you who don't know- this was the single cause of contention growing up in my life. I hated when my sister took my clothes (oh--and when someone would take my parking spot-but thats a different story. Oh-and i hate bad guys too, again- different storIES)

During this argument back and forth, I really let her have it. The arguement had begun in the downstairs kitchen- and went a little something like this: "SHARISSE- i freakin HATE you wearing my stuff! Take it off RIGHT NOW- I wanted to wear that today AND tomorrow! (Did I really? No, but thats not the point.) Sharisse came back with some smart-alic comment and than ran upstairs. I followed her up yelling the whole way.

My brother, Caleb, was in the bathroom, heard us arguing, and shouted "if you guys don't shut up i'll come out there and MAKE you!" I tried to explain this TRAGEDY of her wearing my shirt YET AGAIN. And he didnt even care. He said if I say another word about it I'd be sorry.

This made me even MORE FURIOUS!! I was having the worst day ever, and I was mad. For me, these two things aren't a good combo. My mind started racing, just words flowing through my head rapidly. My mouth couldn't keep up.

My thoughts: 'Caleb cannot tell me what to do! I'll show him another word! I will have the last say in this arguement not him...Sharisse is goin down...' I then decided to speak these thoughts outloud and it came out a little something like this:

"SHARISSE- YOUR going down! TEXAS DOWN!!!"

My thoughts after these words spewed out of my mouth: 'what?! Texas down?? Why the world did I say Texas down? what does that even mean? When I thought to myself "sharisse is going down" I thought, well what is down? China? no- texas... these thoughts must have occured at the same time I was telling Sharisse she was going down. And I wanted to let her know just how far. I hope Caleb doesnt notice this phrase I just made up and makes no sense...'

Suddenly- the Next thing I hear is and OUTBURST of laughter. Not only from the bathroom. But from Sharisse. OH and from Everyone downstairs, who all heard it as well. Including the missionaries who were there for dinner. DANG IT! everyone noticed that might have been the stupidest thing they've ever heard. But than they remembered whose mouth it came out of, mine, and they understood. These stupid phrases are normal.

How embarrasing.

And no one will ever let me forget it. I think it's my Mom's favorite story to tell company at the dinner table actually.

1 comment: