ShayLa La La La

sometimes my mouth does nothing what my brain says it too

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh, Brother


When I was young my older brother told me that my mom couldn't wear watches. He told me it was because of the iron in her blood made them go BIZZURKE and not work.

(Two side notes: Hearing me tells this might be a little more humorous. Among a small list of words that I cannot pronounce quite right- Iron is one of them. I say it just like its spelled, like it SHOULD BE PROUNOUCED -- eye-ER-on -- if you have not heard me say this, ask me next time you see me- it's totes worth it. I Also cannot say jewelry. its not as easy as it looks. I say -- jur-UH-lee-- its not my fault my mouth just doesnt move like that. I also cannot say film. It comes out -- fill-UM-- kinda like an idiot would say it. But you know what- I'm over it.)
(Second side note: It's not THAT funny. Don't judge me. and don't act like you can say every word ever.)

ANYWAYS-back to the story. Last Summer, yes, the summer of my 21st year of life. My mom and I are doing what we do best- shopping. The Dialouge is as follows,

Mom: "you know what? I really need a watch."
Me: "Mom- you can't even wear watches."
Mom: Puzzled look on her face. "umm- why on Earth would you say that I can't wear watches?"
Me: "Well, duh Mom, because the irON in your blood. It makes them break, obvs"
Mom: Look has since changed to a sweet daughter of mine when did you become such an idiot look (you know what I'm talking about) "HAHAHAHAAAAA- Why would you think that? That is not even true."
Me: "I'm gonna kill that Blake. He told me that when I was 5 and I still remember."

Do you guys see what I grew up with?! It's no wonder I am the way I am. My brothers fed me false information in my most vulnerable stages of life, so young and impressionable. It makes me wonder what else I think to this day is true-but is just a LIE!

Oh, Brother! Why did you ruin my life so?



1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog shay!!! Love it!! You should post your first entry on the side so people who don't know what "Shaylaisms" are don't have to search out the entry to figure out why you say the darndest things.....but you make me laugh - and I think Bro/Prof A - you know who I'm talking about - would be proud!

    ReplyDelete